Shake things up by adding a desi twist to the iconic Bruschetta and enjoy the best of both worlds in style. The Pav Bhaji Bruschetta is the perfect blend of flavours and textures that will add a whole lot of excitement to your dinner. You can also make this dish as a snack, or serve it as an appetizer for your house party. Bake the bread with AASHIRVAAD wheat flour in advance, and you can prepare this dish in minutes. Atta is a better option for baking the bread as compared to Maida which is not as nutritionally rich as whole wheat flour.
The Bruschetta is a classic Italian dish that is often served as an appetizer, or a snack. It is a light snack with the most quintessentially Italian ingredients such as tomato, basil, garlic, mozzarella cheese and bread. One could almost say that the classic Bruschetta is a tiny and deconstructed version of the Margherita Pizza. While that is the classic expression of the Bruschetta, there are many other variations that include a variety of other ingredients.
Our version of the Bruschetta pairs this delicious Italian snack with one of India’s finest foods. This exciting combination results in a fusion dish that is simply bursting with flavours.
The Pav Bhaji Bruschetta made with AASHIRVAAD Atta Recipe Information
- Type of Recipe: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
The Pav Bhaji Bruschetta made with AASHIRVAAD Atta Recipe Ingredients
- AASHIRVAAD Atta – 2 Cups
- Instant Yeast – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – 2 Tsp
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 1 Tsp
- AASHIRVAAD Salt – 1 Tsp
- Onion – 1
- Tomatoes – 2
- Capsicum – 1
How to make the Pav Bhaji Bruschetta made with AASHIRVAAD Atta Recipe?
- Add the yeast, 1Tsp sugar and some water to a large bowl and mix well. Then allow it to rest for a few seconds.
- Now proceed to add AASHIRVAAD Atta, Salt and 1Tsp Sugar to the yeast slurry and mix well. Knead the mixture and prepare a firm dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- In a kadai, melt the butter and then add finely chopped onion. Cook the onion until golden and then add finely chopped tomatoes to the kadai.
- Stir and cook this onion and tomato mixture for a few minutes. Then proceed to add the chopped Capsicum and continue cooking it for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the dry masalas – Red Chilli Powder, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Pav Bhaji Masala and AASHIRVAAD Salt to the cooked onion, tomato and capsicum mixture. Cook for a couple of minutes and take it off the heat.
- Now take the rested dough which must have risen slightly, and knead it again for a few seconds.
- Then proceed to dust and flatten the dough, and roll it up from one end to the other. Score the dough before you bake it into bread for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Once the bread is baked, cut up 1 inch slices diagonally and prepare to assemble your Pav Bhaji Bruschetta.
- Apply some butter on the bread slice, and place a spoonful of the Pav Bhaji Masala on top.
- Garnish with a few pieces of chopped onion and some chopped coriander, and serve.
- You can also grate a little bit of cheese on top to elevate the deliciousness to another level.