Some might feel baking cakes is not an easy job. But the trick is to know the number and measurement of ingredients and the process of doing it. This blog gives you the necessary information on how to bake a cake. Whether you are baking a black forest cake or fruit cake, you need to know the process of doing it correctly. So, let us get started!
How will you bake a cake? A beginner must know the basics of baking a homemade cake.
How to bake a cake?
- Mix sugar and butter together. You can mix manually with a whisker or a fork also.
- After mixing, add beaten eggs and blend well.
- You have to beat the mixture well, so that it turns white and creamy.
- Add flour and baking soda. You can add milk also to make the consistency of the batter like canned condensed milk.
- After beating the mixture, add one teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan. Before pouring it in the pan, grease it with flour or butter. This is done to avoid any sticking. You can use butter paper also.
- Place the batter into the oven to bake it at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Voila! Your homemade sponge cake is ready to be served.
Recipe to make a black forest cake
Even if you are a beginner, you can try this black forest cake recipe and surprise your loved ones with their favourite cake.
|Cocoa powder||25 gms(3-4 teaspoons)|
|Soda bicarbonate (Baking Soda)||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh cream||200 gms|
|Milk chocolate||50 gms|
|Small cherries||1 tin|
|Nestlé MILKMAID||1tin (400 gms)|
|Vanilla essence||1 teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 teaspoons|
|Aerated soda||200 ml|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two cake pans with flour and cover the bottoms with waxed paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt for taste.
- Add Nestlé MILKMAID, softened butter, vanilla essence and beat until it is well blended.
- When you see the consistency is perfect, pour the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center if it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool it down for a while.
- Now drain the cherries for the cherry syrup and reserve 1/2 cup juice.
- In a saucepan, combine reserved juice, cherries, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Cook the concoction on low heat until thickened.
- Add one teaspoon of vanilla and cool it down before using it.
- Take sugar and whipped cream and mix in a bowl. When the mixture becomes light and fluffy, use a long serrated knife. Use whipped cream and chopped cherries to sandwich the two cake layers.
- Top the cake with whipped cream and cherries. Use the milk chocolate as you like.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for few hours and then serve.
Practice will make you better at baking cakes. Sponge cake or black forest cake will be easier if you use the right ingredients.